BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Friendster Layouts »

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

She Couldn't Change Me


Have you ever heard this song? It's a fun little tune, scroll down to the bottom of the blog to check it out!

Anyway, it makes me think of me & Dan. We've been together for 14 years and will celebrate our 13th wedding anniversary in May. We were high school sweet hearts and I love him more now than I did then. It was interesting at first, both of us kids suddenly thrown into new adult roles. We both spent a lot of time trying to change each other. As you can imagine, it didn't work out too well.

I suppose we have both changed over the years, but then you do as you grow up. We've changed each other too I guess. For instance, he did not like my "old country" music back in the day, and now he's playing Merle Haggard, George Jones, and Johnny Cash on the guitar. There was a time that I wanted to break all his Eagles vinyl over his head because I was so sick of it, yet I'm the one who bought concert tickets & ended up crying over how exciting it was! I put up with his Skoal ring, he's finally decided I can "feminize" our bedroom. It's all about give and take. And now, I wouldn't change my man for the world!

"I guess when you love someone you just gotta let it be"


0 comments: